Scenic Crystal River Cruise Review: Part 3: our visit to Keukenhof Gardens, Holland.
Keukenhof Gardens is the most photographed place in the world!
We took an excursion from Amsterdam prior to boarding the ship. After visiting this park in April, I can see why this place is photographed! The place is nothing short of AMAZING!
What is Keukenhof? A historic park filled with blooming tulips, hyacinths, daffodils and other spring bulbs. At Keukenhof you can gain inspiration and relax in the beautiful surroundings. Keukenhof has surprises in store for visitors of all ages.
Be sure to bring your camera along on this unique experience. They provide organised guided tours in Dutch, English, Spanish, French, German, Swedish, Russian, Japanese and Chinese.
Here are some other interesting facts:
- Has won prizes as Europe’s most valued attraction
- Keukenhof is unique and famous throughout the world
- It is one of the most popular attractions in the Netherlands and has clocked up more than 44 million visitors in the last 60 years
- It is the largest bulb flower park in the world
- It covers an area of 32 hectares 4.5 million tulips in 100 varieties
- It is the most photographed place in the world
- There are 15 kilometers of footpaths
- It is the largest sculpture park in the Netherlands
- The bulbs are supplied by 91 Royal Warrant Holders
- 7 million flower bulbs planted by hand
- More than 2,500 trees in 87 varieties
- Walk of Fame with tulips named after famous people
Jolly Mon Vacations pre-booked us a trip from Amsterdam to Keukenhof Gardens. It was called, “Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields Tour from Amsterdam.” We pre-paid for the excursion (about $49 US per person) and chose our date and the amount of time we wanted to spend there. The buses leave right off The Damrak close to Centraal Station, which was very close to our hotel “The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Centraal.” The tour company will put you on buses according to which language you’d like the tour to be given in. If you are interested in booking a trip to Keukenhof or any other excursions and tours, Jolly Mon Vacations/River Cruise Guru can help you FREE of charge! Expert advice and no fees!
This tour took us out of the city and into the countryside of Holland. Spring in Holland is magical. Everything greening up from winter and the flowers abound. We were able to see some of the famous Holland windmills as well as fields just loaded with colorful flowers.
Entrance tickets are needed to enter the park. Since we came on a tour bus, the price of the excursion included the tickets. If you purchase them yourself, they are 14.50 Euro each, and it’s 6 Euro to park a car. The park is only open from 21 March to 21 May…with the busiest time being mid to end of April. (when we arrived) It was busy with people, but we found it to be alright even though many pictures show other people in them.
Here is a map of what the park looks like:
We found the park to be wonderful, peaceful, beautiful and fun. We took lots of pictures and enjoyed the entire tour immensely. It’s a great place to spend a half or full day. (and yes, you can buy flower bulbs!)
Now I’ll let you wander the park through our pictures….enjoy!